Start a Non-Medical Transportation Business
Call us 24/7 888-850-6932
Facts about Non-Medical Transportation Business (NEMT)
Exciting, Growing and in High Demand
Did you know that one out of five seniors does not drive. AAA survey said “Next to health, transportation is the most important issue for seniors.” 8,000 Americans turn 65 every day. The senior population is expected to double by 2030. 6 million Americans miss or delay medical care services because they lack transportation. 78% of the population age 55 and older has at least one chronic condition (arthritis, asthma, cancer, cardiovascular disease, COPD and diabetes etc.) and need regular access to life-sustaining treatments and health care services. Chronic kidney disease patients undergo dialysis three times a week. 66% of them rely on others for transportation.
Non-Medical Transportation (NEMT) is for those who require assisted transportation from one place to another on an occasional or regular basis. It includes those who are not mobile enough to walk, drive or get in and out of public transport independently. Non-Emergency Medical Transportation (NEMT) companies were established to fill a unique void in medical care, by enabling patients who cannot drive or do not have access to transportation to get to their appointments.
Non-Medical Transportation is not assistance curb-to-curb but door-thru-door. The goal of non-emergency medical transportation is getting the patient, get them to the vehicle, properly secure them, and drive them to their destination, taking them to the appropriate office.
Click on each section to read more about our Non-Medical Transportation start-up process.
All Non-Medical Transportation Licensing / Operational Requirements
Our Non-Medical Transportation business startup process includes the completion of your states home transportation license / operational application and all of the required business license paperwork requirements for you. Our startup process begins with incorporating your transportation business and obtain a Tax ID and NPI number. Every state has different transportation license and/or operational requirements and standards. Our Non-Medical Transportation consultants are well versed in all states and are able to assure you will achieve transportation business licensure using our non-medical transportation policies and consulting services.
Non-Medical Transportation Policies, Procedures and Operational Materials
Medicaid Approved and Transporttion Broker Qualified
Marketing / Business Development
- Case Management Services
- Insurance Claims Services
- Workers Compensation Claims
- Medical Logistical Coordination
- Risk Management Firms
- Law Firm Clients
- Physical Therapy Centers
- Dialysis Patients
- Senior Care Facilities
- Senior Citizens and Families
Online Training Program
Examples of our driver training programs are:
- Prepare your wheelchairs and strechers to transport a patient.
- How to properly secure both wheelchair and stretcher bound patients.
- Load and unload patients in and out of vehicles.
- How to use different types of locking systems and restraining devices.
- How to operate side and rear mounted lifts.
- Emergency Procedures.
- Infection Control.
- Store, prepare and maintain equipment.
Some examples of In-Service education plans are HIPAA, infection control, blood-borne pathogens, fraud, waste, and abuse, emergency situations, assisting persons with disabilities, guidance for CPR Cerfication, First Aid Certification and Defensive Driving courses.
Lifetime home care business training means that anytime you need home care consulting, have questions or have staff that require training, we are available to assist you at no additional cost. We will review the all clinical aspects of your agency. Admitting patients, review policies, referrals, as well as train you and your staff to understand how to obtain new clients, marketing, medical and emergency scenarios and many other topics. We offer 4 days of live home health care training. Our home health care business training seminars take place quarterly and are available to you, your current and future employees and never at any additional cost to attend.
Coaching (Ongoing Support)
Our Patient Referral Program
Veterans Programs for Patient Referral Progams
Who can I market my services too?
- Nursing Homes
- Dialysis Centers
- Senior Centers
- Daycare Centers
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Hospital and ER Discharges
- Out-patient Surgery Centers
- School Districts
- Workers’ Compensation
- Retirement Homes
- Local Health Authorities
Call us 24/7
Are you looking to add Non-Medical Transportation to your existing Home Care Business?
Here are the reasons why:
- Target Markets are similar
- Marketing Strategies and Contacts are similar
- Both service-based businesses (no products to buy, store, ship or sell)
- NEMT clients may benefit from access to Home Care and vice versa
- Access to NEMT services provides a significant competitive advantage
- 80% of Home Care reimbursements are Private-Pay
- Leveraging both increases overall profitability and efficiency
- Multiple sources of revenue insulate your business from market volatility (recession-proof)
Do I Need a Market Feasibility Study?
- Assess economic viability of the business
- Gather information about customers / competitors
- Foresee any obstructions that may affect success
- Outcome will determine whether or not to proceed
- Understanding of what people want and need
- Vital tool in developing marketing plan
Will I need a Business Plan?
- Blueprint for business formation, operation, success
- Requires Competitive Market Analysis
- Outline of Operational Management
- Financial Analysis and Forecast
- Helps create a realistic timeline and quantifiable metrics
- Critical if you plan on raising capital, applying for a Business Loan, Line of Credit or Grant
What Type of Vehicle Do I Need?
- Used Vehicle already equipped
- High-top roof or lowered floor
- Electric Lift or Ramps
- Wheelchair and Stretcher Mounts
- Securing Systems
- Jump Seats
- Specialty Service Doors
- Panels and Guardrails
- Passenger Protection
Don’t Forget a Space to Park it When Not in Use!
What Type of Driver Do I Need?
- Customer Service-Centric
- Passes Criminal Background Check
- Passes DMV Check of Driving History
- CPR Certified
- First Aid Certified
- Defensive Driver’s Training Course
- HIPAA Regulation Training
- Assisting Persons with Disabilities Training
- Emergency Situation, Procedures, and Bloodborne Pathogens Training
- Fraud, Waste and Abuse Training
What Type(s) of Insurance Do I Need?
- Commercial Auto Insurance (Livery Insurance) – Transport for Hire
- Workers’ Compensation – Work-related Injury, Illness or Death
- Disability Insurance
- Property Insurance
- Business Liability
- General Liability (or Errors and Omissions)
- Employment Practices Liability – Employee Alleges Violations
- Umbrella Liability – Extra Protection from Large or Multiple Claims that exceed Limits on other Policies