What are the Licensing requirements?
You will need:
- Basic Business Operations License (required for all types of businesses)
- Federal Employer Identification Number (EIN or Tax ID Number – may also need similar number from state department of revenue/taxation)
- Fictitious Business Name Permit (DBA or Doing Business As is required to register business name with state)
- Zoning and Land Use Permits (If you intend to rent or buy space for a business office. Usually not required for home-based unless client visits or parking is a problem)
- Sales Tax License (Required for selling almost all goods and services)
- State Licensure Application (Most states require Non-Medical Transportation companies to apply for initial license. NPI and Medicaid Provider number will be necessary for reimbursement)